Friday, March 21, 2008

Hola!

We've been in Chile for a few days...we've met up with some old friends, made some new ones and had some, uh scratch that...make that plenty of good wine!

I'll post pictures when we get back and go into more detail later, as I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment... so, briefly:

Hanin Elias's show at the Living Room last night was so much fun. Not to mention, she's just an uber cool fraulein... she's one of my new favorite people.

The people at Centro de Arte Alameda are fantástico! (that's where the Lining Room performance space is)

We've also met Robin Guthrie and his wife, top notch folk...I'm impressed. His show on Tuesday should be lovely. I'm digging his wife's french/scottish- sounding accent...it's a "sexy- but-I-will-head-but-you" kind of accent. I like it.
They both seem funny and intelligent. It's always nice to meet smart & charming people.

Ok, I must go...

Well, one more thought, Santiago really is a beautiful city... however, my Spanish is woefully inadequate... mi español es muy, muy malo!! I must improve....

Chao for now!

xJuliette

(that's the chilean spelling for ciao...in case you were about to pounce on the correction...;P)

4 comments:

Mauricio said...

Hola!

I didn't know you had a blog! awesome! I guess you'll check this out fairly often so I'll leave my comments here instead of myspace... =P

Well, I've been waiting for this "second coming" since the moment you left! back in 2005!!! I'm really excited, I want so much to listen to the new songs live... they sound great in studio but I know that they become amazingly awesome live...

I really hope you have a good time here in Chile... good luck and see you soon!

PS: Pleeeease play "Liar"!!! please! =D

Love...

G'bye...

8mm said...

"Liar" is definitely on the set list... :)

see you soon!

chao~j

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun :). can't wait to see the pix!

Audio Taco said...

O.M.G. robin guthrie ranks very high on my list. im so sad that you didn't play together in the states.